In my last post I mentioned that mom made a peach galette for dessert this weekend. I thought I would do a follow up with the simple recipe. This is for a Blueberry Peach Galette. So here you go!
- 1 Pie Crust
- 6 cups peaches, sliced (and pealed if you prefer)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp apricot preserves (melted and divided)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place pie crust on foil
- Combine peaches, blueberries and 1/4 sugar.
- Arrange mixture in center of dough, leaving about a 3-inch border.
- Fold edges of dough toward center, pressing gently to seal. (Dough will only partially cover peach mixture..see picture above).
- Brush melted preserves over peach mixture and edges of dough.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350 and bake an additional 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Serve warm or at woom temperature.
- Can serve with ice cream!
So simple and absolutely delicious. Try it out and tell me what you think! You can try other fruits, too. Especially since peach season is about wrapped up. I bet an Apple Galette with cinnamon would be fantastic for the fall.