I’ve posted about galettes before (see fall 2011), but I finally made one of my own. I will tell you the short and easy way to make this deliciously fresh dessert.
So, for this beauty I used:
- a Pillsbury pie crust. They are excellent staples for those who don’t have the time to make pie crust from scratch!
- 3 skinned and thinly sliced peaches
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp apricot preserves
- Roll out the pie crust on a foil covered baking sheet
- Mix peaches, blueberries and sugar
- Place fruit mixture at center of pie crust
- Fold pie crust inward to cover edge of fruit mixture
- Melt apricot preserves and brush over fruit center and edges of pie crust
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 20 minutes
Remove from oven. Slice and enjoy! Super simple and absolutely delicious. The only step that takes some time is skinning the peaches.